Some birthday’s are worth celebrating for a few months and that is exactly what has happened with turning 40. Back in April I did family things when celebrating but August saw my long awaited trip to London with my best friend – and that is how you celebrate your birthday in London in style! Here is my recipe to enjoy your big day in the capital which includes Tea at The Ritz, 5* hotels and rooftop bars.
Ingredients: Best friend, prosecco, money, nice clothes, energy and smiles:
- Choose a best friend carefully – you want one that will be with you through thick and thin for at least 24 years.
- Prepare by ordering 20 outfits from different shops and send each other endless texts about what to wear.
- Pour your drinks by starting with a bottle of prosecco on the train.
- Heat up the excitement by staying in a top 5* Luxury hotel like Le Meridien Piccadilly
- Refresh yourself by using the Club Facilities in the 5* hotel which you can read about in my previous review.
- Get a salad and chill out in the nearest park and people watch whilst the sun shines down on you.
- Take a short walk back to the hotel to get dressed up and mix more drinks.
- Move to the rooftop terrace to pose for Instagram friendly images.
- Walk down the road to The Ritz for your main event!
- Behave like the classy ladies you are and enjoy every second of your champagne afternoon tea (thank you Faye for such a wonderful birthday gift).
- Rest in the ladies bathroom – it just has to be done when in such beautiful buildings.
- Photograph as much as you can.
- Take yourself to the tube and head to some more bars.
- Turn up in some private function and order Bellinis on the tab of who ever is having a private function.
- Leave quickly when you realise you are in a private function!
- Turn yourself in to bed when you realise you have mixed to many drinks and your head hurts.
- Rest and let everything settle
- Stir it up in the morning with a 5* breakfast in your 5* hotel
- Sprinkle yourself with happy dust and energy, drink plenty of water and head to the shopping heaven that is Oxford Street
- Buy things that are not available in your local town.
- Take a break by heading up to the rooftop of John Lewis for more refreshments.
- Order Pimm’s by the bucket load and enjoy the peace above the hustle and bustle.
- Drink, eat and be merry before heading back to the train.
Pin for later