Are you engaged? Do you want to live a happy life, and strengthen your relationship with your fiancé? In this article, I will put together a list of some fantastic things that you can do to strengthen your relationship after getting engaged.
- Accept the uniqueness of your partner: Every human being is unique; everyone has something unique that others do not have. We may have wished that our partner should be romantic, thinner, wealthier and so on. Have a look at your expectations and asked yourself how realistic your expectations are. Unrealistic expectations will lead to constant frustrations, which can cause relationship issues.
- Do often, and random acts of kindness: Small gestures such as “ I am thinking about you” are necessary to keep the strong relationship. Hand holding, lovely emails or texts, are the small ways of showing affection to your partner. Research shows that the accumulation of small gestures has a more significant impact on couples happiness than the grand and less frequent gestures.
- Devote the 10 minutes daily in connecting: Most of the couples think that they talk with each other all time. But you should consider how much time you spend your talking about the things that can deepen your understanding with your partner. Talk about your partner’s life dreams, stress factors, friends, and the values will increase your knowledge with your partner.
- The Ring: When shopping for the engagement and wedding rings, talk about your expectations first, what sort of ring when you like, what budget do you have for rings, spend some time looking in jewelry shops including F Hinds who have a stunning range of sapphire engagement rings.
- Fall in love with your fiance over and over again on a weekly bases: Random dates are an excellent way to keep your relationship healthy. Make time for date nights with each other still, go to dinner, to a show, watch a movie, any place where you spend time with each other.
- Grow and Change together: The relationship is the living thing that needs the nourishment to develop and grow. If your partner always makes the dinner plan, try to step up and give them a night off, you make the dinner occasionally.
- Get to know your fiance’s family and friends: According to research, it has been found that men are happier when female make an excellent relationship with their family. Build a relationship with both friends and family; it will also help you in strengthening your own relationship.
- Keep your relation lightened: Laughter is the spiritual practice; it will act as the happiness medicine in your relationship. Don’t act to serious and mature, do the childish silly things such as dragging your fiance on the dance floor, watching a silly movie, throw snow at each other and so on.
- Say the proper sorry: when you fight don’t only say ‘I am sorry’, say I am sorry I will not do this… in future again. Say sorry with kindness and use such words which you mean.
These are some tips that you can follow to strengthen your relationship after getting engaged.