Summer is a time for trips, holidays and heading out on the open road. Finding and remembering all the much-needed items to pack is a whole other story. If you find that you often stand and stare in wonder at what to pack, you aren’t alone. In fact, most people often forget half of what they intended on bringing or overpack and bring way to many items. There is a way to pack, and pack efficiently! Try a few of these packing tips for summer travelling and you’ll be amazed at the results.
Packing Tips for Summer Travelling
- Make a list before you start packing. If you plan on winging it and just trying to pack everything all at once, it’s not going to end up well! Several days prior to when you are leaving for your trip, write out a list of everything that you’re wanting to take. Then, the morning of, look at that list and add anything that you might have forgotten. Having a plan and items that you can grab and add is important!
- Bring a variety of shoes. Fashion, style, and comfort are important when it comes to packing the perfect shoes for your vacation. You’ll want to have a minimum of three different pairs of shoes to be able to have all options covered. One pair for walking, one pair for lounging and comfort and one pair for hitting the town. By putting them in three different categories, it’s possible to have to only pack a few to cover all your basic needs. if you suffer from flat feet, fallen arches or just find that your feet ache after walking then look at shoes that are made for comfort. Vionic shoes come with an inbuilt arch support. I have flat feet and find that I can wear these shoes for hours. These days I look no further than Vionic Shoes whether it is running shoes, flip flops or sandals, they have it all covered. The pippa sandals I am wearing in the photos go from day to night so easily.
- Pack items that you know you’ll wear. When packing for a trip, it isn’t the time to throw in a few items into your suitcases that are a “maybe”. All that does is take up space and make it a bit more difficult to fit in all the other needed items that you know you’ll wear. Pack clever and save space. I can literally travel with just a few essentials these days.
- Don’t forget your beauty items! The summer sun is no joke so it’s important to pack items that will help to take care of your skin! Sunscreen is always one of the first items that you should pack when it comes to being prepared!
- Carry a separate bag with some of the smaller, more frequently used items. Travelling during the summer months means that you may be going in and out of places, or stopping frequently to look around and peruse. Making a plan to pack a smaller carry-on type bag in the front of the car with you can be quite helpful! It allows you to have easy access to some of your highly used items without having to pull over and dig around looking for them in the trunk. You can carry deodorant, a change of clothes, sunscreen, makeup and even aspirin and other items such as that in your smaller bag to help you on your travels.
- Don’t stress. Always remember that if you do happen to forget something, don’t stress about it! There will always be stores and other places to stop all along the way for you to grab whatever you may need. It may stretch your budget a bit, but there are always ways to turn that negative aspect into a positive one.
Packing for summer travelling doesn’t have to be stressful or a super long process. Try a few of the packing tips above and see if it helps you become a more efficient and well-planned packer. You may find that the more you plan and prepare, the smoother your packing goes. And if you can get on the road with full confidence that you’ve packed everything that was on your list, that’s a great way to start your summer travelling journey!