Raising teenagers is amazing fun, it has been my favourite stage of parenting which many probably find rather strange. I am not a morning person and therefore didn’t appreciate the early mornings that came with babies and toddlers. My own teens are not perfect, far from it although they would want you to think otherwise, but still, it is a stage of parenting I am thriving in.
I recently saw a rather thought-provoking post or Facebook meme that pointed out that as parents we only have 18 summers with our children. It was quite a sobering thought and it had me considering how we have spent those summers so far. We have had some pretty great holidays over the years.
Then there was three and finding accommodation became tricky. Hotel rooms are not always generous with their proportions. It usually means we end up with two rooms and the girls in one and boys in another. Not the best way to enjoy your quality time with the family. And they kids kept growing, and growing and taking up more space. Now the last thing a 14 year old boy wants is to share a room with his mum or his 18 and 8 year old sisters.
It is time for something different, and I know that there are many of us with teenagers needing the same practical solutions for your summer holiday. Camping is out, it is just not our style for our main holiday. We want luxury, we want the finer things and we certainly want a couple of bathrooms.
The solution is a villa, Tuscany Villas in Italy would be a glorious space with bathrooms, a pool and a few bedrooms. Thanks to Love Island my teens are now interested in Villa life and appreciate that fully inclusive is not the only way to holiday!
5 Active Things To Do in Tuscany with Teenagers
If staying in Tuscany Villas there is much to do and see, especially for families.
- Taking my teens to a water park is the best way to lose them for a day. I can read and chill while they spend their time throwing them down slides and simply having the best day. Visit Cavallinomatto if that is your teen’s idea of fun too.
- Adrenalin trills can always be found and if your teen has a sense of adventure then tree walking at Saltalbero should get their hearts racing. There is also mini golf and much more to do in this beautiful park area.
- Tuscany has some amazing underground cave systems hidden within its mountains, studded with stalactites and stalagmites, waterfalls and lakes these are perfect to explore when you want a break from the sun. They are such a natural wonder and should not be missed when visiting Tuscany.
- Hit the beach, and there are plenty to choose from. Whether you want a quiet sanctuary or a beach where you can hire equipment to snorkel or canoe it is all available.
- In Lucca you can rent bikes and ride around the wall that surrounds the city. This is also a good place before heading to see the leaning tower of Pisa – which is obviously a must. All teenagers need that selfie on the phone!
Let me know what else you would do with some time in Tuscany. If you have plans to stay in Tuscany Villas then do check out my post on How to save money on your flights.
Disclosure: This is my entry to To Tuscany Blogger Competition