Kitchens are often called the heart of the home and it is where we gather together to cook and chat. My ideal kitchen would have an island where we could sit with a coffee and potter. In reality, my kitchen is not square enough for that but hey ho if I ever win the lottery that will be my dream kitchen.
However whilst waiting for a dream kitchen there are several things that you can do to give it a new look and refresh without breaking the bank.
- Firstly a deep clean makes an immediate difference, cookers especially look grubby and by taking the glass out and giving it a soak in oven pride or similar your cooker will soon look like new.
- If the cupboards don’t need changing, it is amazing how changing just the handles can give a modern updated look. We have changed handles after buying them on eBay and there are so many to choose from.
- Revamp a wall with a good print or a decal which can quickly add impact. This is such a simple job and takes just a matter of minutes but can create a new look.
- Lighting is really important in any room and a bright kitchen is great when you are instagramming your culinary skills! There is a wide range of LED ceiling lights at LED Hut and again this is a low-cost way of making an impact.
- If you have a little more to spend but don’t want to change the layout of the kitchen then rather than ripping out kitchen cupboards consider just changing the doors. This is a mid-range option and can save you money if it is just cosmetic changes you are looking for.
- Invest in new appliances to give your kitchen sparkle. Kitchen products are often put through the wringer and regularly used. A change of colour can lift the kitchen and this can be done with simple changes like a new kettle.
An updated kitchen can add value to your home so if you are looking to put your house on the market taking a little time to update a kitchen could well make a difference to get that offer.