Each person in this world has 24 hours in a day. Whether you succeed or not depends upon how you use these 24 hours. By developing some simple yet effective habits, you can every 24 hours of your life successful.
1) Schedule your day ahead of time –
While drinking your morning coffee or tea, make it a habit of scheduling the day that lies ahead. Write down every task that you need to do on that day, be it personal tasks or professional ones.
Also, make sure your schedule is a practical one. Don’t make a massive list of tasks. The simple reason behind this is that you won’t be able to accomplish all these tasks. And this can lower down your morale. On the other hand, if you write down only ten tasks and you can successfully finish them, before the end of the day, you would feel victorious.
2) Prioritise the tasks –
After you have written all the tasks for your day, select the top 3 most important works. These three tasks should be completed before any other tasks. When you prioritize your work, you take a step further to a successful day.
3) Set up at least half an hour in the day for relaxation –
Apart from the sleeping time, set up at least half an hour in a day for relaxation. You don’t have to exhaust yourself by doing work only. You need to have some down time too.
Do anything you like during this time – Read a novel, watch television, scroll through Facebook, talk to a friend etc.
4) Divide your workload –
If you have a habit of doing all the work yourself, then it’s time to change! On the personal front, try to divide the household work among your kids, your spouse and yourself. Teach your kids to clean up and organize their room on their own from the time they are young. Other household tasks can be divided between you and your spouse. On the professional front too, if possible, don’t overburden yourself with work.
You should enjoy your professional work and should not feel burned or tired due to the pressure of the work.
5) Wake up early –
“Early to bed and early to rise, makes a person healthy, wealthy and wise.”
You must have heard this famous proverb. It’s an excellent habit to wake up early. When you wake up early, you can do more work in a day. As the day passes, your body starts getting tired, and the same applies to your mind. It’s better to do important tasks early in the day. Therefore, make sure you go to sleep early and that you get a proper 8 hours of sleep.
6) Take control of your finances
Download the Emma App which can manage all your money in one place. The handy free app is like having a virtual assistant to manage your money. The app can
● Avoid overdrafts fees.
● Find and cancel wasteful subscriptions.
● Set budgets and track spending.
● Help you payoff debt.
● Keep your credit score in shape.
● Save money every month.
● Track and find bank fees.
● See how your money progresses over time.
● Countdown paydays and know when you get paid!
● Receive notifications when you get a refund back, your direct debits are paid or your salary is in the bank!
This means that you will feel more in control of your money and have a greater sense of calm. You can set up savings plans and know what you want your money to do for you. Being in control of your finances will help you have a successful day as you will no longer be so concerned about money. Download the free Emma App now.
- Aggregates: Current, Credit Cards, Savings and Investment accounts.
- Emma Quiz: every weekend we run a money quiz where you can win £100.
- Emma Rewards: we offer up to £300 of cashback with selected retailers in the app.
- Bank Fees: we are able to track down all the bank fees.
- Merchants: the app is able to detect and identify all your merchants.
Doing these six simple things can make each day of your life a successful one!