Life is lived in the fast lane for many of us. Do you find yourself chasing your tail on a daily basis, admin jobs piling up, ever growing to do lists and a feeling that you are teetering on the edge? Then you need to stop, listen to those feelings, and learn how to start looking after yourself with self care strategies. If you can take some time out for yourself you will feel better both physically and emotionally.
Learn How To Start Looking After Yourself With These Simple Self Care Strategies
- Take time out of each day to be grateful and say thank you for what you have. This really helps you to focus the mind on what is going well and what you have achieved. It also invites more opportunities into your life.
- Take time to do something that makes you feel good. It can be crafting, walking, a sport or fitness class but do it for yourself. Not because you think you should, or someone else has asked you to join them. Do what makes you happy because that is truly caring about yourself.
- Move more, make some space for daily exercise which releases those happy hormones. This could be walking on the school run rather than being in a car and competing with the traffic. It could be getting off the bus a couple of stops earlier and getting some air. Even taking a walk in your lunch breaks helps. Walk more, breathe deeply and notice things around you. This will all have a positive effect on your body and mind.
- Learn to relax, this can be achieved with some simple meditation.
- Every so often take a day off for yourself, schedule it in, put it in the diary and focus on you. If you cannot take a whole day at least have the school day off. Do the school run and take yourself to a spa or for a massage. You can get amazing deals by using Groupon here is an example of massages in Liverpool.
How much time do you give yourself to spend on your self care strategies?