When I started university and started living in halls of residence I never imagined my husband to be was also living in those halls! We met on a cold snowy day in January 1996 and that is 22 years ago. Our own daughter is now at university and stepping into her halls was like a blast from the past! Different halls but very similar in layout and style. Both the husband and I immediately felt 19 once again!
It seems crazy that we have been together so long and that we have now been married over 16 years. It got me thinking about modern-day anniversary presents and what to give to those hitting these important milestones including silver wedding anniversary gift ideas.
Twenty Five is one of the big milestone anniversaries and it is traditionally a time when silver is given and received. Therefore I have been sourcing great presents that can be given for silver wedding anniversaries for all budgets.
- My first suggestion would be jewellery, for the woman it could be earrings, a necklace or a ring and for me cufflinks if they don’t wear much jewellery.
- Silver bars from Golden Eagle Coin is a super gift and to be treasured. Silver bars are a worldwide standard for investing in silver bullion. Silver bars are typically manufactured by a variety of companies and mints and carry low premiums when compared to silver coins. Bars are typically stamped with .999 fine purity as well as their weight. Some newer bars are even packaged in security cards like gold bars ensuring their weight, purity and unique serial numbers. Silver bars are a popular product for their ease of calculating your current silver holdings. It leaves the recipient with a choice on whether to keep or spend the silver. Silver bars are affordable and you can buy them in different weights which makes them an ideal special gift.
- If you want to give a gift that lasts, another option could be a silver photo frame and you can personalise that if you have a favourite photo of the couple in.
- If you are looking for a personalised gift then a Family Tree 3D Box Frame Picture Keepsake is lovely and way to include all the family members. If you are really creative you could have a go at making something similar yourself.
- Failing those suggestions a lovely bottle of wine or fizzy is usually well received especially at times of celebration. Did you know that the Co-op’s own budget-friendly champagne was ranked alongside prestigious heritage brands including Verve Cliquot, Cristal and Dom Pérignon in 2017. It is the champers I choose to buy at £16.99 when I am really celebrating!
We hope these silver wedding anniversary gift ideas help you out and provide the inspiration when you are next searching for the perfect gift.