How much money and time do you spend on looking after your own health and wellbeing? Many of us are so busy that we struggle to allocate time to look after ourselves. Yet once we do we feel so much better and can improve our productivity and happiness because we feel better about ourselves. Over the past couple of years, I have spent more time and money on myself and it makes me feel so much better. Therefore I have put together this post on the women who make me feel better and act as my therapy Gloucester.
- Sports Massage. I started having regular sports therapy massages when Erin was in Spica. Lifting and carrying a two year old in a body cast took its toll on me. Since then I have had a monthly massage which helps keep me in check. Sports massage is more firm than a relaxing massage you have as a beauty treatment. However, the benefits last much longer and target specific muscles. My therapist is Jo at Body Balance and I cannot recommend her enough. My teenage daughter also has treatments when her hockey has been taking it toll on her body. Jo is a keen runner and also offers running courses.
- Hairdresser. Not a therapist in the truest sense of the word, but we all get to know our hairdressers well and chat away don’t we. Trudy is the one person who does mine and the girls hair. She recently opened her own salon Tru Cuts and I love supporting small local businesses.
- Hypnotherapy. Holly Hannigan is a qualified hypnotherapist who can help people with a range of issues from giving up smoking, sleeping disorders and even hypnobirthing. Holly has a very gentle nature and proven success in what she does.
- Personal Training, last year I decided I wanted to get fitter and stronger. I started with Deb Locke PT personal training who has given me the confidence and ability to use weights and a range of equipment. I have had gym memberships in the past but fail to make the time to attend. Deb comes to my house and I stick to a regular time each week and it works well for me. I am so much stronger and enjoy exercise with her. Deb also runs classes including kettlebells and weights.
- Semi Permanent Makeup. Again maybe not a therapist as such but it definitely makes you feel better! I have recently had my eyebrows done using a combination or powder and brush strokes. Briony at Revelation Make Up is a perfectionist who has created me an amazing brow. As someone who didn’t have great brows, I am super happy with the results and feel more confident as a result. I didn’t know what to expect but Briony explained everything and it was a pain-free experience, and I now have my first tattoos at age 40+!!
These five ladies all run small local businesses and I am happy to endorse and recommend them after using each of them for a while. They are super lovely ladies, who put you at ease and really help put you back together again. If you do contact any of them let them know that I recommended them as its nice to let people know where you have heard of them.
If you are a small local business and ever need a blogger do get in contact with me (details on my about me page) as I can help local businesses promote themselves locally and I can also write their blog for them as I provide this service for clients.