I have a lot of stuff, it is part of the job really. Yet having lots of stuff makes me tetchy. I like having a decluttered space as it opens my mind. I literally feel boxed in when I have too much clutter. Since Jan I have been taking part in my own personal challenge to declutter rooms and sections of my home.
This is something I have taught the children and they are very good at decluttering too. One area I have tackled is my working area. To be creative I need to work in a clean space. I dream of having my own office and when Chloe leaves for Uni I think her bedroom will become my workplace whilst she is away.
I currently share the desk with Lee and the children. It is a family workstation and they don’t appreciate my attempts at pretty. My pretty workspace will be both practical and inspiring. I like purposeful quotes that inspire me.
Another occupational hazard is tired eyes from being on the laptop several hours a day. Therefore I wanted a good reading lamp. One that would sit on the desk and be both practical and stylish.
The BenQ lamp is available from Amazon. Here is the spec talk:
- 150% wider: BenQ’s lamp Smile Curve technology delivers a 150% wider lighting coverage, creating an expansive illuminated area of a 90 cm light range and an illuminance of 1800 lux
- Mood lighting: The WiT lamp has a wide colour temperature spectrum; you can easily switch from warm tones for casual reading, to the cooler tones for concentration and work
- Zeroflicker technology: The BenQ WiT e-reading lamp provides constant and flicker-free illumination and no more unstable lighting to harm your eyes
- Smart lighting: When activating WiT’s e-reading mode, the built-in sensor automatically detects the ambient lighting and delivers optimum illumination for screen reading
- High flexibility: WiT’s ball-joint optimises the flexibility of the lamp cap; highly durable torque springs can take the light to the exact angles you need
The BenQ lamp looks amazing and is beautiful. I opted for the blue colourway. I like how the cable is colourful and how it is pleasing aesthetically.
The most important bit though is how natural the light is. It really illuminates my work station and this can only have a positive effect on my tired eyes.
When I have my own desk this is going to be a key feature and I am totally looking forward to having my ideal work space.