Buying make up and toiletries for teens can be really hard as there is simply so much choice on the shelves now. Should you buy expensive products because you think it will be better for their young skin or does cost not matter? Should you buy designer brands that are endorsed by celebrities or stick to cheap and cheerful? I asked my beautiful 18 year old daughter what products she rates and recommends. I wanted to know what will be in her bathroom vanity cupboard when she heads off to university next month. These are the products that she won’t be leaving at home and she claims that the best make up for teens needs not be expensive.
- Many teens enjoy experimenting with their hair and recently my teen has dyed her hair. With the trend being for either bright pinks and blues or grey you need to make sure that you have good after products. This is needed to maintain the colour and keep it in a good condition, my Chloe has been using different Tigi products and especially rates the Tigi Catwalk Fashionista Violet Mask. She also uses the BED HEAD by TIGI Dumb Blonde Tween Duo Repair Shampoo & Reconstructor Conditioner for Coloured Hair. These are big bottles and actually last a decent amount of time because teen girls certainly seem to get through the conditioner bottle!
- Chloe wears little make up unless she is going out but does tend to wear mascara as this opens up your eyes. I really liked the mascara she has been using and actually bought the same one because I liked the effects. It is called Better Than Sex and she bought it in Debenhams.
- Girls like to smell good and Chloe is always putting on body sprays. Back in my day, it was Exclamation! can anyone remember that? However, now it is all about Victoria Secrets body sprays. Previously we have bought this at the airports as they often have the shop there and we have picked it up super cheap. However, I was surprised recently to spot it in Home Bargains which I was not expecting! If you see it there I suggest you stock up as they make ideal stocking filler gifts too!
- Make Up wipes are essential and it is good practice to get your teens using them now. I am terrible for going to sleep in my make up but Chloe always removes hers with wipes. These don’t need to be fancy, we just get them from Poundland or similar.
- Chloe loves a facemask and the charcoal ones are super popular at the moment. They dry on your face and you peel it off leaving your skin all refreshed.
- When you don’t need a full face of makeup Chloe says that her go to product is Hoola bronzer from Benefit. A little goes a long way and it lasts ages.
These six products are the ones she rates the most and I am pleased that they a mix of designer and beauty bargains. If you are looking for a make up gift for a teen these are the ones that make a difference and teens are happy to receive.