What job would you outsource as a parent? Working from home has huge advantages but there are also some disadvantages. I am able to manage without childcare and instead can do the school run each day. I enjoy the short walk and fresh air. It gives me a change of scenery and a chance to stretch my legs.
However, it does make my working day quite short. Realistically once I am home from the afternoon school run I spend time with Erin and then it is time to start preparing dinner.
Yet because I am based at home there is the misconception that I can just quickly pop a wash on or clean the bathroom. This though all cuts into my working day and has often led me to consider which home tasks I would like to outsource.
Doing the laundry is a huge time pull for me, especially as we are a family of five. My gorgeous teenagers seem to think they need fresh clothes every day and it all needs to be washed after every single wear!
My Laundry Hacks To Keep On Top Of It All!
- Have set days for bedding and towels. The children know what day each week they are expected to strip their beds ready for it to be washed and changed. Get them involved as this is a simple job that most children can help with.
- Have separate baskets for light and darks. My children know that I will not be going hunting for their laundry, they need to put it in the correct basket for it to be done.
- Buy enough school and work shirts for everyone so that they have enough Monday to Friday. The reason for this becomes clear in the next point!
- Use Laundryheap which collects and delivers customer orders within 24 hours to their homes, offices or hotels. You can make a booking easily online, on the website or with mobile apps. Laundryheap offers customisable laundry and dry-cleaning services designed to work around hectic contemporary lifestyles. The clothes are picked up, cleaned and delivered, all within 24 hours. By using this on a weekly basis would save me time washing and ironing shirts!
- All other laundry putting away can be done at a weekend whilst pottering around upstairs. I use this time to catch up with Casualty on the TV and sort the washing out.
- A good shake of many clothes and smooth out – especially after a quick tumble dry saves time with ironing. Therefore I use this method on everything but the shirts.
- A little drop of Zoflora in the dryer or washing machine also makes your clothes smell lovely – perfect for those teen boy t-shirts!
Other tasks to consider outsourcing is cleaning or gardening. Finally, some of us save time by online shopping and apps and technology have certainly helped speed up many of the tasks that previously took much longer. I would like to know what you do to save time in your busy week.