I have been more than a little absent online but we have been having the best family holiday ever! Week one is now complete of the big Disney holiday. We can throughly recommend this fab on site resort, Caribbean Beach Resort. The facilities and site are brilliant, we have been staying in Jamacia and cannot fault our room. The magic bands have worked brilliantly and means that we can be cashless throughout all of Disneyworld. The weather is very hot but thankfully not stormy. There has only been one storm in the past week and we happened to be changing before go back to the Magic kingdom for the evening and therefore it did not affect us in the slightest.
Highlights so far, with full posts to follow.
1. Missing our inter connecting flight from Newark was not the greatest start, but we were quickly put onto the next flight. The customer service was great and the transport to Caribbean beach resort effortless and quick.
2. Erin’s make over at Bippity Boppity Boutique was a magical experience. Well worth the money – but I advise take your own dress like we did and then have the hair, nails and make up package. A blog post will follow.
3. Favourite roller coaster moment includes some very funny poses by Sam and Lee which will be shared and Dylan screaming the whole way ‘make it stop’ Oh how I wished we could have filmed it – if you remember the viral clip of the boy screaming Janice when in the roller coaster chair that clip was nothing in comparison!!!
4. The Frozen parade at Hollywood studios is a must have for Frozen fans of all ages and when it snows little ones cannot believe their eyes.
5. The 3pm parade at the Magic Kingdom is princess heaven and we screamed out to Anna and Elsa and they both turned and blew kisses to Erin was made her day.
6. The best character dining has been at the Floridian Hotel at Cinderella’s happy ever after ball. The step sisters made it our favourite meal. Anastasia spotted Dylan – announced he was cute and she wanted to marry him and from that moment on she kept coming back to him. She had him up to dance, kept kissing him with her ruby red lipstick and generally chasing him about. For those that know how quiet and reserved my Dyl is it was so funny. He came alive and loved it, laughing and giggling and taking part throughout. It was lovely to see him so involved.
7.The disney dining plan is great and we haven’t been able to eat everything on offer, so much so that Lee and the children have popped to Downtown Disney to fill up on sweets and use up the snack credits as we need to use them up by today.
8. Using wifi and the disney app in the parks has meant we are able to get our fast passes easily and know what the wait times are on each ride before heading over to either wait or get straight on a ride. I am amazed just how gutsy Erin is and she has been on every ride that she can. She loves everything on offer.