At the end of last year, I lost about 18lbs in six weeks following a high protein diet. It was so successful that I am following the plan again for another four weeks until I go on holiday. In the past year, I have found the exercise that works for me and many know that I now lift, box and pretend I am a gorilla or a bear at Iron Zuu. I train three times a week and absolutely love it. The training has made my body and mind stronger than ever and I have changed shape and dropped at least a dress size, two on a good day! However, it is only when I am on a high protein meal plan that I actually lose weight. My weight has stayed steady since the last time I was on plan but now I want to give it another boost. The high protein meal plan is slimming world friendly which I know suits many and hopefully will provide some meal inspiration whichever plan that you are following.
The key thing is cutting down on carbs which I don’t find too hard as I am not a big bread eater anyway. I’ve never really eaten sandwiches but do eat bread in other forms. The high protein meal plan also calls for cutting out processed foods so I am eating much healthier and cooking from scratch. Again I find this is slimming world friendly and a healthy way to eat.
A typical day consists of natural greek yogurt for breakfast, a protein shake mid morning, lunch, a protein shake mid-afternoon and then dinner. It sounds alot doesn’t it! I am also still taking part in the Modius review which is helping with my cravings and breaking my eating out of habit mentality. On this high protein meal plan I lose 2/3 lb a week which is steady and sustainable. One thing that I need to work on is drinking more water to flush everything out of my system! I know that I don’t drink enough but that is work in progress!
The high protein meal plan revolves around eating key things, namely lots of chicken and prawns for me. I have included here a number of typical meals that make up my food plan so that people can see what I am eating.
My Typical Weekly High Protein Meal Plan:
- Monday – lunch is where I eat my carb and this is a small red skin jacket potato topped with a tin of tuna and a side of spinach. I never used to eat spinach but now it is a staple in my fridge and more importantly on my plate! Dinner typically 150grams of prawns which I fry up using lite fry chilli flavour as it gives a kick to the prawns, served with roasted vegetables. I also love The Skinny Sauce Co. Sweet Chilli Table Sauce which is zero calories!
- Tuesday lunch sweet mash potato with a chicken breast and veg. Dinner is prawns again!
- Wednesday lunch I made chicken skewers, I marinate the chicken with herbs and then make them with veg. These are served with one cup of couscous. Dinner is a cold chicken salad, again using a drizzle of Walden Farms Near Zero Barbeque Sauce.
- Thursday Lunch one cup of pasta with prawns and a slimming world free sauce that is really the Arla Quark tomato and basil, this is available from most supermarkets and is a soft cooking cheese that is fat-free. Dinner is a minced beef cooked up with tomatoes, onion, mushrooms and grated carrot. This is served on lettuce leaves.
- Friday Lunch I use a second portion of the minced beef from yesterday and have it on top of my small red-skinned jacket potato. Dinner was a shake instead of a meal. But it was super tasty and filling I made it using my chocolate protein powder but added a large spoon of peanut butter. This is totally delicious!
So that is my typical Monday – Friday high protein meal plan which is also slimming world friendly and providing I stick to the plan for the week I know that I will lose weight each and every week. This high protein plan is supplemented by my two protein shakes a day which I take mid morning and mid-afternoon. I train three mornings a week at Iron Zuu too which really impacts positively on my health and wellbeing.
Although I haven’t got a set weight I want to get to in my head, I know that I still need to lose some weight for me to feel my best. I am not a slave to the scales and rarely weigh myself if I am honest, but I do know when I feel better, more energized and more positive.