We have been to Florida twice now and we are beginning to think about heading back next year. However, there are so many other states we also want to see. Erin has a list of places including Hawaii and California on her list. Whilst I’d like to experience Vegas and the decadence of it. There is so much on offer and I certainly get inspired when I see others travelling around America. Have you ever wondered what are the Top 10 Fun Things To Do In San Deigo With Kids then read on.
If you’ve recently became intrigued with wanting to take a visit to California, consider the possibility of taking a trip to the second largest city in the state, San Diego. Not only does it offer a great track record of sunny days all year-long, it also has a ton of great places to visit and explore during your visit. Plus, if you love wineries, there isn’t a shortage here! Accommodation can be as luxurious as you want and if you like the finer things then staying at San Diego beach rentals will be the icing on the cake. You can then start every day discovering paradise along the water’s edge, as you head out for an early jog on the beach or leisurely stroll with coffee in hand.
With the option of San Diego being a great place to take a holiday, here are ten of the top things to do in San Deigo with kids while you are visiting!
- Visit Old Town for some authentic Mexican cuisine. Not only does Old Town offer some great food options, there are also museums to enjoy, a haunted building to explore and endless options to see some truly amazing things. Be prepared to have a day full of fun with everything that Old Town has to offer!
- Say hello to over 3,700 different animals at the San Diego Zoo. Set aside some time to visit the San Diego Zoo to check out all the different types of animals that they have. You won’t be disappointed with the time that you spend here! Plus, you’ll get plenty of time in the fresh air as the zoo is located on many acres just waiting for you to explore. This is a must in the things to do in San Deigo with kids.
- Give your taste buds an adventure and check out all the different food trucks that San Diego has to offer. Have you ever tried the food out of a food truck? It’s a unique experience that everyone should try at least once. San Diego offers some great food truck choices that serve grilled cheese, burgers, delicious fish tacos and so many more. You won’t leave hungry after eating at one of the many food truck options.
- Take a trolley tour to see the city. You can book a trolley tour to see the city and the beaches. Both full of wonderful views and sure to please. If you’ve never ridden a trolley, it’s the perfect time for you to check it off your bucket list.
- Walk along the waves at Coronado Beach. If you are looking for a beach that offers miles of sand to walk on, and never-ending views of the ocean, this is the beach for you. Take a stroll along the water and immerse yourself in the peacefulness of the waves crashing on the shore. Perfect weather, perfect views, and a beautiful beach? Sounds like an epic day to me!
- Plan a visit to SeaWorld. If you are worried you won’t see any marine life in the ocean, why not head to SeaWorld to visit all the ones there? There are dolphins, sea lions and penguins just waiting for your visit! Be prepared to spend a day full of activities when visiting SeaWorld.
- Spend some time viewing the water at the San Diego Harbor. If you are looking for a great view of the water, this San Diego Bay is a must for you and your family to see. You can even take a cruise from the harbor to explore even more!
- Plan an evening picnic and have dinner on the beach. If the night air gets a little chilly, just build a bonfire to snuggle up. Don’t forget to bring the s’mores for a fun gooey snack to share!
- Give snorkeling a try off the bay. You never know what you will see when snorkeling! If you are looking for something fun, exciting and unique, then snorkeling is a must to add to your list!
- Immerse yourself in the history of the Gaslamp Quarter. If you are looking to delve into some history of San Diego, then Gaslamp Quarter may be the place for you. Talk a stroll on the brick sidewalks and take your pick of shopping or lunch options with 100 different restaurants to choose from. Gaslamp is busy during most times of the day through the evening and also tends to be a tourist attraction hotspot for many visitors as well.
If you have the chance to visit San Diego, don’t delay! There are so many great places to visit, sunsets to view and walks on the beach just waiting for you. Book your holiday knowing that exciting adventures away for you and your family in San Diego! Do let me know in the comments any hidden treasures you have found in San Deigo to, we would love to know your top things to do in San Deigo with kids.