Spending time in the garden during the spring and summer is one of my guilty pleasures. There is not much better than sitting the sunshine after a few hours on the laptop with a book and a coffee. Feeling the warmth of the sun on your face whilst you switch off from everyday life.
If your garden is in need of some TLC heading to Argos can get you sorted in next to no time. The garden is now very much seen as an extension of the home, another room to consider and make it look pretty. As many know I don’t like buying anything at full price and will always work out how to get great value for money.
My top tip is always to buy using discounts and vouchercodes. Argos discount vouchers are pretty much always readily available if you know where to look. My money saving tip is to look at vouchercloud for discounts and when I checked today there were 18 possible offers available including £10 off a £100 spend or free delivery codes. This is all great timing if you want to give your garden a mini makeover.
Here are my top 9 tips to make your garden bloom
- Add colour with bright pots. Now is the time to be planting summer flowers that will bloom all season.
- Grow plants from seeds for a great value way of adding colours to pots and borders. You can start them off indoors or buy a small cold frame until they are ready to be planted. Children also enjoy getting involved in this. It is a great way to get children to understand what plants need in order to thrive.
- Plant hardy plants that keep coming back year after year. These make keeping the garden flowering cheaper as you don’t have to replace every year.
- Create a herb garden in a tough planter. This way you can use the herbs in your home cooking. Easy to grow herbs include mint and chives. Both make tasty additions to a summer garden salad.
- Lights give a cosy glow and encourage you to sit out longer in the evening sun. Perfect for evening drinks, getting a light glow allows you to enjoy the garden for longer.
- Listening to running water always makes me feel peaceful and there are many water features that are super easy to install and allow me to feel relaxed.
- If you haven’t got enough cash to justify new garden furniture then you could look at updating with some new cushions. This is a great way to giving new life to older furniture. Another tip is to prolong your furniture by using covers to keep it in the best condition. Put it away in the colder months if you can to avoid weathering.
- Pressure washing the patio always makes a huge difference and can make it look like a whole new garden. Spend a day jet washing and enjoy a fresh looking garden for the whole summer.
- Paint fences which both freshens things up but also prolongs their lifespan by protecting them from the elements. You can also add a splash of colour and inject new life this way.
Disclosure: This is a collaborative post with vouchercloud