Weymouth is a stunning seaside town in Dorset and there are many things to do in Weymouth for all the family. We recently stayed at Waterside Holiday Park & Spa which is a 5* resort. The weather was glorious and we will certainly be going back at some point – this was our second visit!
If you are looking for adventure and activities there are plenty of things to do in Weymouth. And if you prefer to sit and watch the world go by there are plenty of spots to do that. We liked the Look Out Cafe at Bowleaze Cove where you could sit on the green and watch the sea. There are also benches all along the seafront.
- Waterside now offer watersports at Bowleaze Cove from Jurrasic Coast Activities. Dylan and I both had a go at paddleboarding on the sea and we even managed to stand up – briefly! This activity costs just £20 to hire the paddleboard. After chatting with Tim who runs the activities from Waterside he also told me about some of the other activities they offer including Kayaking where they are the only tour with permission to go through the famous Durdle Door. This is on my to do list next time!
- The Sea Life Adventure is in the centre of Weymouth and you can either drive and park yourself or get on the land train that takes visitors from the town centre to the Sea Life Adventure. For an extra special treat, you can even have a VIP experience and pay to feed the Turtles or Penguins. Erin was lucky enough to be invited to feed the turtles on our trip. The Sea Life at Weymouth is home to the fairy penguins who we couldn’t wait to see! Having been previously to the Sea life Center in Birmingham I thought I knew what to expect. However, the Weymouth park is so much better in my opinion. It had more to see and we really enjoyed our time there. It has more outside space and even a splash play area for children, which was ideal as we were there on one of the hottest days of the year! The sea animals are split into 10 different zones and you can see them really well. My kids love reading facts so they were devouring the information as they went around.
- We also discovered that entry to the Sea Life Adventure also gives entrance to the Weymouth Tower which was really interesting and gives you a very different perspective of the Jurrasic Skyline. The experience lasts just under 30 mins and gives an insightful audio history of the area.
- The beach at Weymouth is stunning and offers lots of things to do in Weymouth. There are punch and judy shows, crazy golf, donkey rides all the things you would expect to find at a British seaside resort. The beach is sandy and popular with tourists and locals. If you have a dog both ends of the beach are pet-friendly to. We have often found there are things and events taking place on the beach. Last week there was some fitness activities and this week it is beach volleyball. Therefore it is worth checking out what is happening whilst you are there.
- Crabbing at the harbour is fun to do or you can watch others crabbing. It is really simple and you can buy a bucket and line easily enough. We have found a little bit of bacon soon attracts the crabs. We spent a fair amount of time crabbing as the kids really enjoy it and it is very cheap to do!
What else do you like doing in Weymouth and Dorset?